Asthma is a breathing problem which makes your breathing difficult and noisy. Asthma is really common disease and can be solved easily with an old mechanism. Ayurveda is such a solution that is going to give the best medications for you. Ayurveda is one of the best therapy for treating asthma. Coming to the perspective of treatment, there are 10 million cases per year in India. The main reason for asthma is cold.
When a person’s airways produce extra mucus and make the pathways narrow then it makes difficult to breathe and cause asthma. The one quick and easy solution for every asthma patient is an Asthalin inhaler Online.
Other than Aerocort Inhaler there are more than one ways to prevent asthma. In Ayurvedic term Asthma or difficulty and shortness in breathing is called Swasa Roga. According to Ayurveda, Swasa is mainly caused by the Vata (qualities reflecting the elements of space and air) and Kapha (qualities reflecting the elements of Water and Earth) doshas.
Types of Asthma
- Mana Swasa (high breathing rate and loud like a bull)
- Urdhva Swasa (long expiration)
- Chinna Swasa (Cheyne stokes breathing)
- Tamar Swasa (bronchial asthma)
- Kshudra Swasa (exertion induced)
From these five types of asthma first three are very difficult to treat or nearly not curable. Fear the direct cause of the worst version of Asthma. It’s obvious that a person who is not able to breathe properly fears the most. So there are no remedies or no tips to be fearless. And the worst of Kapha begins from stomach.
In Ayurveda, each and everyone with different disease is treated according to the various types of every disease.
So to start treatment in Ayurveda they’ll first put you amongst their three categories- Vata type, Kapha type, Pitta type.
Then the next step that traditionally recommended for Asthma is ‘Shodhana’ or Purification. For this step, you need an experienced physician who expels the excess doshas from their sites of accumulation. In case of Vata, it is from large intestine and in case of Kapha, it is from the stomach.
If the Purification is done or can’t be done then it makes you follow the next step which is ‘Shamana’ or Palliation.
They recommend you maintain a complete diet lifestyle. It will prevent Kapha and Vata worst version. Heavy, cold and dry goods are to be strictly prohibited from your diet.
The foods that you should not have are- yeast, processed flour and breads, cold milk, cheese, yoghurt, eggs, bananas, excess fruit especially melon and cucumbers, deep-fried or oily food, dry food like chips, cereal, muffins or breads, iced or refrigerated drinks, excess raw food or salad.
As you are maintaining your diet chart strictly, it is also important to maintain your daily routine.
There are some habits you must avoid. Like-
- Irregular timings of having meals
- Eating late at night
- Sleeping during day
- Avoid dump and heavy food
- Avoid overly dry and dusty environment
- And obviously external triggers like mould, dust mites etc.
- There is the individual treatment for each category of Swasa
Treatment of Vata type Asthma- Here patient need to follow an individual Vata specified diet and need to take tonics like Bala. He or she has to drink the sour juices made from lime or lemon to hydrate the tissues.
- Treatment of Pitta type Asthma-like Vata type Asthma there is an individual diet for each type.
- Here for Pitta type, patients have to take in some cooler herbs like coriander, Gotu kola and burdock, vasa etc.
- Treatment of Kapha type Asthma- As usual patients need to follow a specific diet for Kapha.
- They need to avoid mucus-forming foods like milk, cheese and yogurt. They have to take in foods without pepper, ginger, cayenne, mustard.
- Ayurvedic herbs for Kapha are ephedra, thyme and vasa.
Ayurvedic home remedies for asthma
Ginger and garlic cloves
It is one of the ancient treatment for inflammation. You can have 2-3 slices with your tea every day. It is very effective in releasing the Kapha accumulation in the trachea thus preventing you from suffering an asthma attack.
Turmeric is also an ancient drug used for treating swell regions and inflammation. You can have it with milk. Just add ½ teaspoon of turmeric to lukewarm milk and have it before going to sleep. It would also make you sleep peacefully in the night.
Cinnamon and Honey
You can have these two items with water. Just add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of honey to boiling water. Stir it well and drink it every morning on an empty stomach. You can also have it twice a day one in the morning and once at night before going to sleep.
Medicine for asthma in Ayurveda
Ayurvedic medicines are basically herbal medicines. They are highly effective for long term treatment including some home remedies.
- 1 tsp ginger paste, 1tsp basil paste, 1 black peppercorn crushed, 1tsp honey
- Mix it and take before breakfast on an empty stomach.
- To reduce the excess accumulation of Kapha and Vata patient can have
- Sitopaladi Churna, Talisadi Churna, Dashmoolarishta and Pippaliasava.
- There are two ways to use single herbs. One is to use it singularly and another is to use it by combining with Pushkarmool, Vasa, Kantakari, Kasamarda, Karkatshringi, Bibhitiaki, Tulsi, Cinnamon, Pippali, Liquorice.
- A massage of Chest and back with very fine rock salt mixed warm sesame oil followed fomentation with a hot towel or herbal bolus.
- In an empty stomach, one can sip ½ tsp of Mahanarayan oil in warm water.
Ayurveda is not any kind of modern medical science. It is preserved by some legends in history for many years. Ayurvedic treatment is the most affordable and needs long term treatment. If someone efficiently follows the rules Ayurvedic is very much effective and can be proved extremely helpful for Asthma patients.
Ayurvedic treatment is completely symptom-related. Where other steroids can’t treat Asthma without giving side effects, there in case of Ayurvedic medicines no side effects can be seen. It improves the skill of lifestyle as well as can cure Asthma of root.